You can not visit the Douro Valley, meet its people, wines and gastronomy and see the landscapes of this World Heritage Site and one of the world’s oldest appellations, and leave indifferent. Believe us when we tell you there is a strong chance you will want to be back soon. Or stay here forever. You would not be the first.
And so you can not tell you we didn’t warn you, here is a short description of what is waiting for you:
· the tour starts with a drive straight into the heart of the Alto Douro Wine Region and it's magnificent landscapes.
· Pinhão is the next stop, a small village on the bank of the Douro river, where you will visit a picturesque train station.
· we will visit two wine producers where you will have the chance to try the region’s famous wines. You can also learn all about how they are made and their long history.
· we will follow along the Douro, enjoying the magical scenery and stop in Peso da Régua, the capital of the Alto Douro Wine Region.
· before we return (for those who want to return), we will visit Amarante and its beautiful Church of S. Gonçalo, by the Tâmega river.